Monday, June 20, 2011

How It All Began

I have always wanted to write. Ever since I can remember, I loved writing. I started at an early age. I remember being in fourth grade or so and just writing stories. When I hit junior high, I wrote even more, and then found myself on our school paper. I loved every minute of it! After I became a Christian, I began writing short stories. My sister, Steffanne, loved them and kept encouraging me to write. I did for a period of time, and then stopped. I don't know if it was just that life got in the way or what. I didn't pick up a pen and paper for over ten years! And then, everything changed!
We moved to Colorado without having a job or really a permanent home. My sister and her gracious family offered us a place to live so Chris could find a job in this wonderful state we desired to move to. One night in September of 2008, the four of us, Steff, Russell, Chris, and I  were sitting in the backyard, enjoying the warmth of the evening. We had been in Colorado for a month, and neither one of us had a job. Steff began questioning me about writing. With the encouragement of these three wonderful people, I went to bed that night, thinking, "Can I write a book? Should I even try?" A day later, Chris bought me a journal to begin writing in. That night, I woke up with an idea! The next morning, my writing career began! And Hope for Tomorrow was born!
I love writing! I love creating people and situations that truly become alive in my mind! I have grown to love certain characters, to value who they are and what they aspire to be! I enjoy the different circumstances that are causing them each to grow, and in the midst of it all, I cry and weep with the pain they experience! Oh, the thrill of the pen! (Or should I say the computer?) I am loving every minute of it, and I can only pray that as you, the reader, read each book I write and have published, you will enjoy, learn, and love each book you read! I welcome feedback! Please, feel free to leave me comments! And, thank you for taking the time to read the books I write, taking the time to read this blog! And may God bless you as you seek to do His will!

No comments:

Post a Comment