Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Amazing Love

We all have those days. Days of doubt. Days of dispair. Days of discouragement. Don't we? We wake up and all of a sudden, what we thought we were isn't good enough. We went to bed thinking we were okay, life was good, and then something happens. It could be a mean word from your boss. A harsh statement from your spouse. What about an honest opinion from a child? Ever have one of those? "Mommy, why is your tummy bigger than (Fill in the blank)?" Hm. Moments of sadness can cloud our vision, take away our security, and leave us feeling blah, rejected, and dejected. They happen in a split second and sometimes it takes days to move on. It hurts. Life hurts. Words hurt. So, what do we do? When those moments of someone else's reality hit us like a ton of bricks and lead us down the road to dispair, where do we turn? What do we do?
I posted on Facebook today I was discouraged. I prayed about it this morning, spent time in the Word, yet I just couldn't shake it. I received some wonderful words of encouragement from my dear friends, had an email or two encouraging me, and even had a few phone calls from those who just wanted to lift me up. I had truth spoken into my life from so many dear ones! And all of those things helped! And then I remembered a verse I posted (althoug incorrectly) on Facebook yesterday: Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and He saves those whose spirits have been crushed."
Isn't it funny how what we learn just a few days ago can come back to encourage and uplift us? Isn't amazing that the God of the Universe knew exactly what I needed even before I did? That He cares enough to share His love for me? My spirit was crushed yesterday. I was dwelling on it today. And what did He do? He reminded me of this verse and caused so many people to pour forth their love into my life! What a wonderful Savior! That He would do those things and send these amazing people is astounding! I love serving my Lord who cares for me! Don't believe that He does? Take a look at 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your cares upon Him because He cares for you." Awesome, isn't it? God has time for me! God cares for me! Did He come down and sit with me on my couch while I cried? Not in a physical sense. But He sent His Spirit of remembrance as well as His people. For those of you who contacted me, thank you! Thank you for listening to Him! Thank you for "encouraging one another." 1 Thess. 5:11. I am blessed, truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment