Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tickled Tuesdays

Yep! That's the name of my blog posts on Tuesdays! I decided to name it Tickled Tuesdays because I am tickled to share with you some of my favorite authors!
I love reading. I always have. I had a camp counselor tell me I should be in a speed reading program. I read books pretty quickly, but retain what I read. I normally think about them after I've finished them and process what I just read. I recently finished a book by Bonnie Blythe. I'm currently reading another one by her, as well.
I read my first book of Bonnie's, Texas Whirlwind, and I loved it! I thoroughly enjoyed the fact Emma Hayes adopted two little girls on her own. Here's the blurb for the book:
A summer storm in Galveston mirrors the whirlwind of problems Emma Hayes encounters after she adopts Haitian twin girls and runs into her old high school love-ending in a battle for custody when strangers contest the adoption. Is it true that she bought love with her ready-made family or can she trust the One that the even wind and waves obey?

I've also read her Cascade Bride Series and am anxiously awaiting the third and final book in the series. That one is about romance, yes, but also about three sisters hurt from the past and hopefully reconciling. I have four sisters, so this one really jumped out at me.

I finished Restorations yesterday. Again, another great book by Ms. Blythe! I really loved the part about Sara's aunt toward the end. I won't spoil it, so you'll just have to read it yourself. :)  I found the struggle Sara had to go to deal with toward the end very appropriate, as well. Trusting, forgiving, loving, all vital in a relationship. Here's that blurb:
In a small Oregon community, Sara Andersen finds herself in possession of an old farmhouse in desperate need of renovations. Brian Farris is a builder who is new in town, but intimately acquainted with Sara. His purpose is not to restore only the house, but his relationship with her. The only problem is that Sara doesn't believe Brian has undergone any soulful renovations of his own.

And finally, I am reading Dearly Loved by Bonnie. I just started this morning, but I have no doubt I'll be finished with it well before the end of the week.

If you want to read some good, thoughtful Christian romance books, these are a great read! Bonnie's an excellent writer and you can really picture what she's trying to say! I found all of her books on Amazon.com. :)

Thanks, Bonnie, for writing what the Lord puts on your heart! I love reading about it!

1 comment: