Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Matters-Beauty

One of the things I like about my job is that I get to drive to work early. The coffee shop opens at 6:00 a.m. Monday-Friday, and 7:00 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Friday through Sunday, I get to drive to work.
The last few days, clouds were scattered across the eastern sky. The sun peeked its head and showered radiant reds and oranges across the cloud covered sky. Oh, the beauty! I was truly in awe at the Beauty of the Lord!
To the west of me, a cross shown on the mountainside. Darkness still covered the west, as the light had yet to reach the hills. The cross stood out in all its glory. I don't know who put that cross there or even why, really. But it's there, lighting the way when all else is covered in darkness.
This morning, as I was driving, I thought about how I was right in the middle of those two majestic things: The beauty of the sunrise and the cross. Then it hit me: The two really go hand in hand, don't they? God's beauty lights the way to the cross. Afterall, isn't it beautiful, in a sense of awe, that God would sacrifice His Son for us?
Doesn't it just make your skin tingle as you look upon the empty cross? Has it ever shone so bright that all else fails in comparison? When all you can see is the beauty of the Cross?
I don't know if you've ever felt like that but it's what I experienced this morning. I experienced the beauty of Christ colliding with an empty cross. And all I wanted to do was surrender to the One who gave it all.
What about you? Have you surrendered all to the One who gave it all? If not, I pray you do. If so, I pray you continue to surrender. Afterall, surrender is choosing to die to yourself....daily. Not a one time thing but a daily action. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment