Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tickled Tuesday-June Foster

Today, I am quite tickled to talk about June Foster. I met June through ACFW's critique group. I joined this group shortly after joining ACFW. She played a huge part in critiquing my work, making me dig deeper, forcing me to show more and tell less. She gave me so many ideas and suggestions, that now as I write, I can hear her telling me, "Show either by action, dialogue or internal thought." June was patient and willing to guide me in my writing. I owe a lot to her and the other ladies of my critique group.
But that's not all I want to say about June. I read one of her books not too long ago and loved it!

Here's the blurb from A Hometown Fourth of July:
When Max Tate meets Lynn at the Fourth of July celebration in their hometown of Ft. Freedom, Washington, he's attracted to her. Lynn helps Max locate his birth mother, but when they take a ferry to Cascade Island in search of her, they're too late.

Two weeks before, she died of cancer. Now Max is mad at God and turns his back on the best friend he ever had—Lynn Marshall.

Lynn got lost in the crowd of her large family, her parent's attention never stretching far enough to her lonely position as a middle child. When Max declares his love for her, she gives him her heart, but he hurls it back at her.

Can Max and Lynn move past the disappointments and pain in their lives to celebrate another Fourth of July together?
 
I loved this book! The writing was amazing, true to June style, and the story line was great! I highly recommend this book, and any others that June shares.
June's not just a great author, but she is a wonderful lady, one I am priveleged to know. Though she is no longer in my critique group, she continues to bless me abundantly! Thank you, June, so much, for taking me under your wing and guiding me! May God bless you for your service to Him!

1 comment:

  1. Joi, Now I've got tears in my eyes. You are such a blessing to me. I had no idea you were going to write about me on your blog. I have so greatly enjoyed getting to know you and love your desire to serve the Lord with your books. Let's keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete