Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tickled Tuesdays-Sandra D. Bricker

I just finished three really great books by Sandra D. Bricker! They are: Always the Wedding Planner Never the Bride, Always the Baker Never the Bride, and Always the Designer Never the Bride. From the very beginning, Ms. Bricker drew me in! I know, I know. I say that about a lot of books. But I can tell you that if she didn't, it would've taken me far more than one weekend to read all three books! Yes, you read that correctly! I read all three books in one weekend!
One of the things I loved about these books was that each character really did have their own voice. One certainly did not sound like the other! They had their own personalities, and that was wholeheartedly displayed through-out the entire series. I've heard time and again from some people that I need to establish my characters with having their own voice, so I've really tried to work on that. But Ms. Bricker has done a fabulous job doing so. And you love each of these characters!
Humor. That's another thing I adore about fiction. Not everything has to be hum drum. Life isn't that way. Neither should the books we read. And these had humor. I laughed out loud quite a bit.
There were a few other things I really enjoyed, especially from a writer's perspective. I noticed the words she used, the phrases she used, and the descriptive words Ms. Bricker used. They were awesome! I tend to write like I speak, so it's a challenge sometimes to really describe something well. However, I didn't find that to be a problem with this series.
If you couldn't tell, I liked these books. I highly recommend reading them. Check them out on amazon.com, and look for great deals if you have a kindle! Well worth the read! Well worth my time! Thank you, Ms. Bricker, for writing these books! I look forward to reading more of your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment