Friday, December 28, 2012

Fun Fridays-My Three Boys

When I tell people I have three boys, most of the response I get isn't really positive. I receive a lot of, "Bless your heart." or "You must have your hands full." and then many a times I get, "I don't know how you do it." It often makes me laugh or roll my eyes. I grew up with four sisters and let me tell you, my three boys are a piece of cake compared to what we put my mom through! There was drama most every day. Arguments and lots of yelling. Now don't misunderstand me. We had fun moments, too. Lots of them. Laughter filled the house a lot. We would giggle about silly things and watch girly  movies. It was fun having my sisters. But I dearly love my boys.
Are they a handful? At times. Do they argue? Yep. Is there drama? Oh yeah. Girls are not the queens of drama. I think my boys are! However, I adore my boys. They are sweet and thoughtful. Here's an example: Garrison and Gavin wanted to buy me something from their own money for Christmas. All three boys pitched in to buy me a silver cross necklace. Last night, Gavin was looking on my laptop on Amazon so he could buy me a gift for my birthday. All three boys, without being prompted, made us special things and put them in our stockings.
My boys make me giggle. Garrison does the Shawn dance from Psych, and it never ceases to make me laugh. When he gets on his giggly kick, I can't help but giggle with him. And that's been a lot lately! Gage is a boy in his own world. His mind is always going, and then he'll say something so out of the blue! He loves to talk and spend time with me, and often, I'm laughing with him. Then there's Gavin. He woke himself up early yesterday just because he wanted to have some alone time with me before I left for work. He's got a great laugh and makes jokes a lot.
My boys are extremely special. They aren't perfect (they take after their imperfect mom) but the love they shower on me is treasured and valued! Chris and I had the opportunity to spend a half hour of alone time with each boy last night. I loved it! I thank God for my three sons, and I couldn't ask for a better family!

No comments:

Post a Comment