Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Matters-Hope for the Journey

It's here! Hope for the Journey will be available to the public on December 4, just one more day! I can hardly believe it! I was talking with my sister the other day, telling her about writing and what not. She mentioned that Hope for the Journey would be out in a week. A week? What? How did that happen? When Hope for Tomorrow released, I was doing a countdown on Facebook. Now? Here it is one more day until it's out, and I barely began my countdown! Where did the month of November go? Actually, I know. I've been doing blog tours, working, writing, etc. I've been pretty busy, to say the least. So, anyway, I thought I'd do my own interview of myself about this book. Why not? Afterall, I'm on a lot of blogs already. Why not my own? :)  Here it goes (by the way, feel free to laugh along with me. This is just plain goofy, and I know it).
Me: Joi, thanks for joining us today.
 
Joi: Thanks for having me.
 
Me: Tell us a little about your book.
 
Joi: Well, Hope for the Journey is the second book in the Hope Series. It still centers around Josephine and her sisters. I've added a few new characters to the mix. Overall, it's about love, marriage, forgiveness, and the strength to continue when life looks bleak.
 
Me: Wow. Those can be some pretty heavy topics. How did you come up with them?
 
Joi: I took the sickness Emily has from a woman I met, Cynthia Curro. She was pretty amazing. Emily's life isn't based off of Cynthia's, only her battle with this disease. As for Brad and Kayla, well, I know couples deal with this issue in marriage.
 
Me: Are you any one character in this book?
 
Joi: I think I'm a lot of characters, actually. I take pieces of who I am and disperse them through-out each character. You'll see my struggles of who I am or used to be or who I want to be.
 
Me: So are you saying you've dealt with some of these issues?
 
Joi: Who hasn't dealt with forgiveness on some level? I don't really know any one person who is perfect in that area, do you?
 
Me: No, I don't. I mean, Chris is pretty forgiving, but I'm sure even he has his moments. Can you tell us a little about your last book in this series?
 
Joi: Sure. For now, the title is Hope from the Past. It really allows you to dive into Arthur's life. By far, this is the best one I've written yet.
 
Me: Well, there you have it, folks. Joi, again, thank you for being here.
 
Joi: My pleasure. And be sure to go to Amazon.com and purchase your copy of Hope for the Journey! Please contact me if you have any questions, and don't forget to leave a review!
 
Well, that was fun! I hope you enjoyed it, too! Thanks for all of your support, and God bless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment