Thursday, December 6, 2012

Throwback Thursdays-Semi Formals

During the Christmas season, I have to mention for Throwback Thursdays our old Semi-formals at Christ's Church of the Valley. If I remember correctly, they were normally held on New Year's Eve. The guys and girls would all dress up. We'd dance, laugh, and have a ton of fun. Awards were even given out for things like, "Most Friendliest", "Prayer Warrior", and such. I look back and remember those dances with fondness. They were so much fun! It wasn't like the prom or winter formals in high school. No pressure to find a date. Just people gathering together and enjoying each other. One year, I had taken a friend who worked across the street from the coffee shop I worked at. He'd worked  at Taco Bell. He couldn't quite fathom how Christians could have so much fun at an event sponsored by the church.
Anyway, while I don't have a whole lot to say about the dances, all I remember is they were a ton of fun! They deserved to mentioned on Throwback Thursdays! Here are a few pictures of that time:

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this post as well. Sounds like a wonderful event. Blessings, Susan Fryman

    ReplyDelete