Monday, January 28, 2013

Darlene Franklin and A Bride's Rogue in Roma, Texas

 Today, we have Darlene Franklin talking to us about herself and her newest book, A Bride's Rogue in Roma, Texas. Leave a comment and be entered to win a copy!


    How did you know you wanted to become a writer?
    One day in the wake of my divorce, I wrote my first devotional. I found so much power in spilling my emotions onto paper, that I kept on writing. Before too long, I turned to my first love, fiction.
          
           What steps did you take to follow this dream?
    I’ve been writing, every day, for twenty-one years. I attended writing conferences, joined critique groups, and took classes. After my first novel was published, I began working part-time, and when I moved to Oklahoma three and a half year ago, I realized my dream of writing full time. At the moment I have 26 in print or under contract.
    What is the hardest thing about writing?
    The writing! New ideas are fun. Talking with people about books through interviews is fun. Sitting down and pounding two or three thousand words? Now, that’s work.
     
    What is your newest release?
    I had two releases last September: A Bride’s Rogue in Roma, Texas, as well as Merry Christmas, With Love in Postmark: Christmas.
    In Bride’s Rogue, a straight-laced Victorian Maiden inherits a steamboat—and the resident gambler. In Postmark: Christmas, four couples find love through the post office that stamps cards from “Christmas, Florida” every year.

    What are you currently working on now?
    I’m putting the finishing touches on Golden Dreams, which will release next September.

    What is your favorite season of the year?
    Spring! I live in Oklahoma, where the summers are horrible. Arthritis gives me fits in the winter. But spring, with its color and growth, brings joy to my heart.

    If you could go anywhere, where would it be and why?
    I have always dreamed of making it to California, Hawaii and Alaska. I wouldn’t mind a tour of Washington, D.C. either.

    What is something quirky your readers would like to know about you that they don't already?
    I am a resident in a nursing home.

    Who is your biggest support and why?
    My son is a big supporter. He proudly tells everyone I’m a writer! Aside from him, I am blessed with several faithful followers who broadcast every post I make.

            You can find Darlene at: darlenefranklinwrites.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. I have been following Darlene for just a few months, and I still keep learning more about her writing and personal life, it is fun and gives me more incentive to KEEP WRITING! :) Thank you for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waving, Kathleen! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really encourages me to try and write more. I always thought I was too old. Thank you Darlene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the premise of the Texas book, Darlene! Sounds like one I've got to read. Loved working with you in Postmark: Christmas. You are a blessing to help this newbie!!

    And I love CO, but I STILL miss the spring flowers in Oklahoma--and the fall foliage . . . even after 24 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it, Jan! Writing is one career where age actually helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula! I didn't realize you had Oklahoma ties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come back Friday, ladies, to see who the winner is!

    ReplyDelete