Tuesday, January 22, 2013

K. Dawn Byrd and Something Beautiful

K. Dawn Byrd is our guest author today! She'll be giving away an e-book of her newest book. Leave a comment at the end of the interview, and we'll pick a winner!


  1. How did you know you wanted to become a writer? I've always been an avid reader and my personality is such that I absolutely love a challenge. I thought it would be a challenge to write a book, so I did it and found out that I love writing so much that I can't stop. Every book is a new challenge.

  1. What steps did you take to follow this dream? I joined ACFW to learn more about Christian fiction and I studied every book I could buy on the craft. I also read a lot of blogs on writing.

  1. What is the hardest thing about writing? The hardest thing about writing is the fact that I must write in total peace and quiet. I would be a lot more productive if I could tune everything around me out.

  1. What is your newest release?
    My new release is called Something Beautiful. Here's the cover blurb: Lauren Milton has always followed the rules, but when she meets Antony Marcos, she discovers just how much fun it is to do her own thing. When Antony, the bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks, professes his love for her, her life is complete. He's her soul mate, but when she finds that he's harboring secrets, can she forgive him?

    Antony is terrified that his secrets will destroy their relationship when Lauren finds out the truth. Does he tell the truth and face losing her or continue his activities, possibly placing her in danger? Can they make things work even though her family and friends are against him?

    Lauren has PTSD from the car accident that killed her boyfriend and her mother. Can she face her greatest fears while risking everything for the guy she loves? Can they overcome the obstacles facing them to find their happily ever after?

  1. What are you currently working on now? I'm working on Hotline Girl, a young adult novel with a release date of June 2013.

  1. What is your favorite season of the year? I love spring. Everything is fresh and new.

  1. If you could go anywhere, where would it be and why? I'd like to take my husband to Hawaii. It's his dream vacation.

  1. What is something quirky your readers would like to know about you that they don't already? I used to ride a Harley Davidson, but gave it up to have more time to write. My husband still has his, but I don't ride behind him.

  1. Who is your biggest support and why?  My husband, Mark, is my biggest support. No matter what crazy thing I decide I want to do, he's right there beside me, supporting me all the way.

  1. Where can fans find you on the web?

Thank you for taking the time to share with us!










4 comments:

  1. This sounds like an intriguing story and I love the cover. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting me, Joi!

    Davalyn: I love the cover too. It's my favorite of all my covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found her comment about writing in total peace and quiet interesting. I can't seem to write unless there is some kind of background noise... music or TV on very quietly. I find writing to music actually helps me come up with the right emotions for my characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come back Friday to find out who the winner is!

    ReplyDelete