Thursday, January 31, 2013

Unconditional by Tanya Eavenson

Leave a comment for a chance to win this amazing story! Here's Tanya!

How did you know you wanted to become a writer?

I started writing three years ago when my husband left for Israel. I remember saying with ready fingers pressed on the keyboard, “Are you sure, God? I never wanted to write. Never cared to write.” But there I was, typing away at the keys with a burden to share a story I had no idea where it was heading. The title of the story is Live by Faith, Not by Sight. Though it may never see an editor’s desk, that story is dear to my heart, more than any others because of what it represents. The interesting thing is, those characters are the same ones in my debut novel Unconditional that released January 10.


What is the hardest thing about writing?

For me, believe it or not, it’s not the critiques, rejections, or the loneliness a writer feels at times, but finding myself and where I belong in the scheme of things as an author. I’ve had time to sit back and look at the past year and have seen God in every step. Yet, it’s the tangible things I desire, like for instance, to have an agent. Someone who will help me along this path God has me on, but what happens if my journey doesn’t include this mentor/friendship that I desire? This is the hardest thing about writing, desiring something that might or might not be in God’s will, and waiting for His answer. I think every writer feels this way in their writing journey at one time or another.


What is your newest release?

My debut novel Unconditional is dear to my heart. Statistics show Christian and non-Christian marriages are failing at the same rate. I believe in marriage there needs to be an unconditional love as God shows and displays in our lives. At times, we may feel like our spouse is our enemy, but God tells us to love our enemies, so what is that saying for our marriages today? We need to show a love that isn’t possible from us alone, but a love that comes from God who ordained marriage to last.

I wholeheartedly believe that if we fight for our marriages and follow after Christ, He will be the One to grow in us an unconditional love for our spouses.

I grew up in a family were divorce is common, like most people today, with the idea once you “fall” out of love, and you can’t get along anymore, it’s time to get a divorce. It was almost engraved in me witnessing everyone in my family get divorced one time or many times. I, too, almost went down that route with divorce papers in hand. I told myself many things at the time, but the truth. I was focused on our failures, not the hope that with God, all things are possible. The question was, were we willing to save our marriage at all costs? Would we fight for each other, whether we felt like it or not?

The story opens in a situation some married couples might find themselves in, losing a child, being in a loveless marriage, experiencing hurt by feelings of abandonment, adultery. Faced with the choice to fight for the marriage at any cost or give up. In my story, as in real life, there is a choice.

Here is the blurb to Unconditional.


He will fight for her at any cost…

Elizabeth Roberts can't remember her past, and the present is too painful. She turns to nightclubs and drinking to forget her infant daughter's death, her husband's affair.
When his wife's coma wiped out the memory of their marriage, Chris Roberts found comfort elsewhere. He can't erase his betrayal, but with God's help he’s determined to fight for Elizabeth at any cost.
She wants to forget. He wants to save his marriage. Can they trust God with their future and find a love that’s unconditional?



What are you currently working on now?

I’m in the process of editing a Historical Romance that’s set in Boston during 1889 called The Rescue. I’ve also started the next in the series to Unconditional, so I’m having a wonderful time writing and editing.


What is your favorite season of the year?

Oh, I love winter! I grew up in Florida where the seasons never changed, so when my husband and I headed to Texas for seminary, I couldn’t wait. When we arrived, the sky was grey and there wasn’t a single leaf on a tree. My husband looked at me with worried eyes and said “I’m sorry it’s not pretty here.” I laughed. I told him it was the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen. Ever since then winter has been my favorite season, not only because of Christ’s birth, but also because it was the start of our ministry and an excitement of change.


If you could go anywhere, where would it be and why?

My husband and I always wanted to take a family trip to Bass Pro Shop in Missouri and stay in their log cabins, rent a boat, and go fishing. Twice we planned it, but we’ve had to cancel for various reasons. It’s a simple dream, but I hope we’ll be able to do in the future.


What is something quirky your readers would like to know about you that they don't already?

Oh, I know I’m quirky, but one thing I did as a child was climb on top of the roof of my house with a telescope and watch the stars at night.


Who is your biggest support and why?

My biggest support comes from four friends and my husband. I believe God brings people in your life that encourage you, help to strengthen your faith, and walk alongside you through whatever you face. God has blessed me and I’m so thankful, because I wouldn’t be the writer I am today if it wasn’t for them.


Where can fans find you on the web?

Fans can find me at:

My Website:
http://www.tanyaeavenson.com/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tanya-Eavenson/129609683872033

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/@Tan_eave

Google Plus:
https://plus.google.com/111621198804346509165#111621198804346509165/posts

13 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya (waving to Joi). We have a number of things in common, it would seem. I just checked out your book on Amazon, read an excerpt and will be ordering it for my Kindle. The second book in my Lewis Legacy Series, Second Time Around, has unconditional love as a stong theme and other similar elements to your wonderful-sounding book, but also with some key differences. In terms of personal similarities, I met my husband when he as a student at Dallas Seminary, and Texas has always held a very special place in my heart. Jennifer Slattery and I used to blog together at Reflections in Hindsight. The list could go on, but I'm so glad to read about you and discover your book! Many blessings to you as you continue to write for His glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoAnn. I appreciate that, and I'm looking forward to reading your novel as well. Second Time Around sounds wonderful. Yes, Jennifer is a dear friend and a sweetheart. I hope you and I will have a chance to meet. It seems we do have many things in common. =)

      So glad you stopped by! Blessings.

      Delete
    2. I was on my way out the door to work when I commented this morning (and didn't write everything I intended), but I am also a child of divorce. And you are so right about how love isn't possible from us alone, but is from the One who created love and showed us that greatest love of all. Love is worth fighting for! Really looking forward to reading your book. I'll share this wonderful post on Facebook, as well. Many blessings.

      Delete
  2. Great interview, Tanya. Love your insights into marriage. I've been married 22 years and, yes, it is only with God's help that we can continue to love and grow in marriage. Can't wait to read Unconditional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Stephanie. We'll be celebrating 17 years this February. It's such a joy knowing marriage is a gift from God.

      Appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great interview, Tanya. Love your insight on marriage. I've been married 22 years and, yes, it is only with God's grace that we can continue to love and grow in marriage. Can't wait to read Unconditional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joi, another great review. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Susan Fryman susanngarrylee@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Susan. I appreciate you stopping by and saying hello! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your a new author to me, but most authors are. I never read much but with being sick and having a lot of time on my hands my husband got me some Amish books, that was the start of a whole new world for me I've met such wonderful authors and admire you all. I would love to win this book, it sounds wonderful
    maggieh1947@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to add I love your pg with all the coffee cups, very, cute .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your a new author to me, but most authors are. I never read much but with being sick and having a lot of time on my hands my husband got me some Amish books, that was the start of a whole new world for me I've met such wonderful authors and admire you all. I would love to win this book, it sounds wonderful
    maggieh1947@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Maggie! :) I'm so glad you've stopped by! :)

    ReplyDelete