Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sheriff Bride Jo's Story

Today, I have Brooke Cox. She wrote the second novella of Sheriff Bride Jo's Story.

How did you know you wanted to become a writer?
I started “making up stories” before I learned how to write. So, writing has always been something I’ve done. I think what got me started “making up stories” was Snoopy’s adventures on his Sopwith Camel. My mom read to me out of my Peanuts books every night before I went to bed.


Please tell us a little about this book.
  Jo and her three sisters share the position of Sheriff in the small town of Waterhole.
Their father raised them as he would boys and not as young ladies, so they learned early in their
lives to be tough. He was supposed to be the new sheriff of Waterhole, but he died before he
could accept the new job. So Jo and her sisters became “the sheriff.”
While being a sheriff in Waterhole, Jo falls in love with Tom, who owns the local trading posts. Tom loves her as well, but he is still hurting over his ex-fiancĂ©’ refusing to come
to live at Waterhole with him. He thinks no decent woman should have to live there, so he decides that he will always be alone.
As Jo and Tom find their way to each other, they have to deal with Tom’s wayward brother
Henry and his Indian servant Morning Glory, rowdy cowboys, a fund-raising fair, hurt animals, stinky half-blind train robbing brothers, and their own stubbornness.

Are you anything like the main character?
Oh yeah. I’m a lot like Jo. I am an old tomboy myself. I grew up around boys, so I too learned to be tough at an early age. I also learned how to be a little on the “fearless’ side.

Are you currently working on writing something else? If so, can you tell us about it?
I’ve got a few ideas on my plate, but right now I’m working on my first murder mystery and I love it. My main character is like me in that she is unique and different from the rest of
her family. And she uses that uniqueness to solve a family mystery that leads to a couple of deaths in the family.

What was the most difficult thing about writing this novella?
Honestly, nothing. I thoroughly enjoyed writing Jo’s Story! I thought I would have
a difficult time since I never read any western stories. But once I started writing and doing            some research, my outlook changed and I really “got into” the story. I even had some fun
writing about the stinky and half-blind train robbers.

What is your favorite season of the year?
Fall. I love everything about the fall: the colors, the smell, and the feel in the air. In fact,my wedding anniversary is in October.

If you could go anywhere, where would it be and why?
On Earth? If that’s the case, then I would go the Smithsonian in Washington DC. It
has so many wondrous things from dinosaurs, space and air, history, old TV shows, archeology,
and so much more. I got could get lost in that place and not care if I ever came out.


What is something quirky your readers would like to know about you that they don't already?
I am big geek at heart. My favorite show is the Big Bang Theory. Also, I love science fiction, especially Star Trek. I was fortunate to be able go to a Space Shuttle launch a few years ago. That was the coolest thing ever!


Who is your biggest support and why?
  That would be a tie between my husband Tim and my daughter Sara. They both have
always been there for me. May I do an honorable mention? I also have some wonderful friends
who have been there for me as well: my parents, Lynda, Paula, Susan, Pamela, Kathy, and Tessa.
So I have been very blessed.

Where can fans find you on the web?
I have a blog: grooviebrooksie.blogspot.com. Please feel free to stop by and visit sometime. I also write a monthly article for The Christian On-Line Magazine.com. I usually write with a science and God theme. Remember, I’m a geek.


Thank you for taking the time to share with us!
It was my honor sharing with you all and I had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment