Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sheriff Bride Rob's Story

I guess it's my turn today! Here's a little more about Sheriff Bride Rob's Story:

How did you know you wanted to become a writer?
Since I was little, I've loved writing. I wrote short stories mostly, but had the wonderful opportunity to begin my writing career in 2008.

Please tell us a little about this book.
Rob's story is pretty much about Rob. She's now the only sheriff, since all of her sisters are married. Her brothers-in-law, and town banker, informs her she needs a deputy. She reluctantly agrees, only to find out the person they hired isn't who she thought it would be.

Are you anything like the main character?
Nothing at all like Rob! She's the youngest, I'm the middle. She's a great shooter, and I don't know how to shoot a gun. We don't even look alike.

Are you currently working on writing something else? If so, can you tell us about it?
Indeed I am! I'm working on getting my newest novel, Letters of Love, published, followed by the third book in my Hope series, Hope from the Past. I'm in the process of writing Sunshine in Spring. Since writing Christmas Rayne, I've had a few people ask me to follow up with Camden's story. I guess he was quite likeable!

What was the most difficult thing about writing this novella?
I'm not a western writer. It was a struggle for me to get into that part, but I really enjoyed it!

What is your favorite season of the year?
Winter. When Jack Frost nips at my nose, I'm in heaven! Snow calms my soul.

If you could go anywhere, where would it be and why?

Probably to England. I'll be writing a novel in the next few months about a woman who travels to England and finds the love of her life.

What is something quirky your readers would like to know about you that they don't already?
I can flare my nostrils even after going to the dentist and being numb, plus I had two thumbs on one hand.

Who is your biggest support and why?
My husband, Chris. He made sure I took the steps to making this dream of writing come true. Also, my sister, Steffanne and her hubby, Russell. They told me it was time to write.

Where can fans find you on the web?
Here on this blog. Also on facebook and twitter. Not to mention Goodreads and Novelcrossing.

4 comments:

  1. Well Joi, I can't wait to read this one! I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas Rayne, and I do hope you follow up with Camden's story!
    ~Scarlette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scarlette,
    First, love your name! :)
    Second, definitely following up on Camden's story. Look for the title, Sunshine in Spring. :) It'll be out in the next few months! :)
    Thanks for reading Christmas Rayne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Scarlette, leave me your email address. Since you're the only one who left a comment, you get a free copy of either of the Sheriff Bride books (probably pdf, if that's ok?) :)

    ReplyDelete