Monday, February 18, 2013

Sheriff Bride Sam's Story

I had the honor of working with some neat women to bring about the Sheriff Bride series. Today, I'm interviewing the Teresa Lily, who wrote the first novella in this series. To anyone who leaves a comment over the next week in regards to this series, you'll win an e-book.


How did you know you wanted to become a writer?
One day in first grade I wrote a poem. I ran home and read it to my mother. She said, “Great job maybe someday you will be a writer.” It was my dream ever since.


Please tell us a little about this book.
This story starts out about 4 girls who go to Waterhole Texas to fill the position of town sheriff that their father was offered. But he died before he could go. The owner of the bank in town is sure that girls should not be a sheriff, but once they all show themselves to be capable of handling even the worse man in town…he changes his mind…and his heart as he gets to know the oldest girl “Sam”


Are you anything like the main character?
Brown hair and brown eyes, and I assume had I lived back then I would have been a gun toting sheriff too.


Are you currently working on writing something else? If so, can you tell us about it?
I am writing a new book called Orphan Train Bride. About a woman who goes west on an orphan train and fills the position for a local farmer as a mail order bride. The story is in it’s final re-write


What was the most difficult thing about writing this novella?
Avoiding too much back information. Also, wanting to write the other three sisters stories but having no time to do it.


What is your favorite season of the year?
Spring of course, when love is in the air.


If you could go anywhere, where would it be and why?
Paris, but I don’t like to fly.


What is something quirky your readers would like to know about you that they don't already?
I do all my writing between 9 p.m and midnight every night because I am too busy the rest oft he day running my children’s resale shop.


Who is your biggest support and why?
My daughter Shelby. She reads all my stories first and edits them for the first run. She totally thinks I am wonderful and that my writing is great.

Where can fans find you on the web?
www.teresalilly.com www.lovelychristianromance.com Amazon Barnes and Nobles and Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment