Friday, February 15, 2013

The Green Series by Judy Christie

I love books. Not only do I enjoy writing them, I've always enjoyed reading them. I can sit with a good book, read it in about a day and a half, and then think about it for weeks. That's one of the reasons I absolutely adore having a kindle. I get free books so many times, plus I buy inexpensive books. Well, I was thrilled to get all of the Green series by Judy Christie.
Let me say off the bat, I typically don't like books in the first person. I think that's because I like to know what other characters are thinking. So, when I'd get a book at the library and it would be first person, more often than not, I wouldn't read it. Then, I started getting kindle books that are not what I'd normally read. Now, I don't mind first person.
As a matter of fact, I'd say the Green series is one of the best I've read in first person. I've read all five of these books, and highly recommend them. Lois is a great character! I enjoyed seeing life through her eyes, feeling her struggles and joys, and walking with her as her relationship deepened with Jesus. In regards to the romance between her and Chris, I would've liked to see that develop more, but that's my only critique.
I enjoyed the characters in these books. My heart broke when someone special died, more than one person, actually. The grief was real and quite sad in both cases. Katy, Molly, Eva, Dub, and many more people in the town were real. Loved Tammy.
I don't want to give too much away. Okay, to be honest, I don't want to give away anything in hopes that you'll read these books. But I will say this: I thoroughly enjoyed how Ms. Christie wrapped up certain parts of the story, yet left so much open. I'm believing she's writing a sixth book in this series, otherwise, I'm going to be a little, um, well, bummed.
So, if you haven't read any of the Green books, might I suggest you do so? You won't regret it. They've got mystery, humor, romance, and good ole' downhome fun. You won't want to miss them!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Joi, for going to Green! I appreciate your blog so much. Have a great weekend! Judy Christie

    ReplyDelete