Thursday, February 28, 2013

What Do You Want?

It's an age old question, isn't it? What do you want? Sometimes, my boys will come into my room at night, and my husband and I will ask, "What do you want, son?"
So, here's my question to you: What do you want?
What do you want out of life? Do you want to be famous? Popular? Make a million dollars? Do you want to go on a mission's trip or two? Do you want to raise God-fearing children? What do you want?
How about peace on earth? Live debt-free? Live guilt free?
What do you want? Do you want to live for Jesus, to bring Him glory in all you do? Do you want retire at an early age? Do you want to live in a nice house with a white picket fence with 2.5 children?
I can answer a few of these questions. Actually, I think one answer will cover them all. Ready? Here is goes. I want to only live for Jesus and shine so bright that others are drawn to Him.
What do I want out of life? To live for Jesus.
Do I want to be famous? Only for Jesus.
Do I want to be popular? Only for Jesus.
Do I want to make a million dollars? Only for Jesus.
Do I want peace on earth? Only for Jesus.
Live debt-free? Only for Jesus.
Live guilt free? Only for Jesus.
Do I want to bring Him glory? By living for Jesus, I will.
Do I want to retire at an early age? I want to draw others to Jesus, no matter what my job is.
Do i want to live in a nice house with a white picket fence with 2.5 children? Only if Jesus will draw others to Him in that neighborhood.
Do I want to raise God-fearing children? Well, if I live for Jesus, I hope that will be the case.

Do you see a pattern? I sure do! I want to live for Jesus, no matter what I do.
And that's why I write. I write to draw others to Christ, to hopefully deepen their walks with Him. Truthfully? I don't write for non-Christians. I don't. That's  not my calling. If a non-believer picks up my books and likes them and follows Jesus because of it, awesome! But they aren't my target. My target is believers. I want people to ask themselves the hard questions and come up with answers that will challenge them, strengthen them, and push them forward in following the Lord.

So, what do I want? To follow Jesus and draw others to Him.
What do you want?

1 comment:

  1. Great post, love. One of the many things I love about you, but certainly the thing about you that attracted me the most!!

    ReplyDelete