Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wonderful Wednesdays-A Blog Hop

I've had the wonderful opportunity to participate in a blog hop. Today, I am going to promote my newest book coming out in March, Letters of Love.
 
 
 
Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:


What is the working title of your book?
Letters of Love.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
My grandmother, a few years ago, gave me the letters my grandfather wrote to her while he was stationed in China during WWII.

What genre does your book fall under?
Historical fiction.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
That's a tough question. Sandra Bullock for Sophia's character. Ryan Reynolds as Tucker. Ben Affleck as Tozier. Julia Roberts as Lucia. Dick Van Dyke for Papa's character. Betty White for Nana's character.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
When tragedy strikes in Sophia Philips life, will she find hope and healing through old letters from her grandfather to her grandmother?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-published. This will be a first for me, so we will see how it goes.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
About six months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
The Wedding dress and Love finds you in Glacier Bay. Not that I am saying my novel is as great as these two, but it would be the same idea/genre.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My grandparents. When my Nana told me about the letters and gave them to me as my inheritance, I knew immediately I was going to write a fictional story based off of them. It amazed me that after seventy years, she still had them!

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
This isn't only a story about letters, but about tragedy, pain, loss, healing, hope, and love. Come journey with me as we walk in Sophia and Lucia's shoes. Weep with them, find joy with them, and find healing.
 
 
 
Thank you for joining me today! I encourage you to go to these lovely ladies' blogs on February 20!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment