Saturday, November 16, 2013

Two Gages, Two Stories

This is Gage Copeland. He is the one on the far left. He is my middle son. Our three boys each have
G names, so Chris had told me I could pick out our second son's name. How did I come up with that?I met Sandy Ireland through my sister, Steffanne, and Christ's Church of the Valley, and her son is named Gage. I heard her call him "Gagers" and I loved it! So, if we were to have another boy, I asked if she wouldn't mind if we named Gage after her Gage.
That was 10 years ago. My Gagers is a creative boy, friendly, sweet, loves people, animals, and Jesus. Periodically, my Gagers will get headaches and really bad migraines. When he was little, I took him to the doctor and had him checked out. He was ok, and the doctor gave us some ideas how to prevent them.

This is Gage Ireland and his parents. He is my Gager's name-sake. He is 11 years old. He has one

sister, Shelby, and one brother, Seth. Two siblings, just like my Gagers. Gage Ireland is the youngest of three, though. He is a sweet boy, caring, loving, and so polite!

He, too, had severe migraines. His mama, like me, took him to the doctor. But unlike my Gagers, he was not ok. He had a brain tumor, a cancerous one at that. He was admitted into the hospital and had surgery to remove it. Praise the Lord the test came back where there are no more cancerous cells in his body!

But his journey is not over. He needs to under-go treatment, and it isn't going to be cheap. As you can imagine, the road is going to be long and arduous. It's going to take strength, faith, prayer, and so much more to get him and his family through this time.

And so, I ask for those things from you on behalf of this family. My heart breaks for them. I ask for more than just your prayers. Would you please consider buying a copy or two or three or four of my book, Letters of Love? I'm donating ALL the proceeds from this sale from now until 12/31 to the Ireland Family.
http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Love-Joi-Copeland-ebook/dp/B00BHL5NQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384639394&sr=8-1&keywords=joi+copeland

Two Gages, Two Stories, One Father who holds them in the palm of His hand.

2 comments:

  1. Heartwarming story! I pray that the book sales millions of copies to bless both the author and the family. May God pour out a blessing that there will not be enough room to contain it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorieen! I appreciate your prayers! :)

      Delete