Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Teresa Lilly Stops By and Shares About her Christmas Cocoa Book

Welcome, Teresa! Thanks for stopping by and spending a bit of time with us today!


Tell us a bit about yourself:


.My name is Teresa Lilly.  I have about 17 novellas published in the Christian Ficition, about six children chapter books and over two hundred unit studies. 

Why did you start writing? How did you start writing?

I began my serious Christian Writing when my children were finally all done being homeschooled.  I quickly found my interest in pleasing publishers wasn’t what I wanted to do.  I wanted to have my own works published, so I opened Lovely Christian Romance Press and have been happily writing since.
And we writers thank you! You're a joy to work with!


How did you select your genre?

God selected it.


What is your writing day like?

I don’t start writing until 9pm at night and write til midnight.
Wow! That's crazy!

How do you organize your writing? (outlines/note cards/post-its)

In some cases I make a map of the town on a poster board. Sometimes just keep notes in a folder.




Do you have a list of characters that you're saving for future use? What kind of information do you keep on these characters

Just one in my head, but I sometimes write a paragraph outline of a story and keep that in my records for future novellas.


What does your work space/office look like?

I have an upstairs bedroom that is empty except my desk with my computer and a tv

What is your go-to snack when writing?

Cheese balls

If you could only recommend one NOVEL, what would it be? Why?

The Enchanted Barn by Grace Livingston Hill…. It’s the most beautiful book I’ve ever read.

Is there anything else you'd like to add?

Writers need to get their story out on paper and worry about fixing it up later.  Let the story flow…. And love what you do….and do it for you and God….

Thanks, for joining us, Teresa! Leave a comment below with your email address and you'll be entered to win a copy of her book! 

3 comments:

  1. Since I'm a morning person, I could never do the 9-12 work routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm a morning person, I could never do the 9-12 work routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to add a "shelf" for by bookshelves of cocoa-themed books!! ;) I think eating cheese balls and being a night owl sounds like we could have a lot in common! katie07edgar(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete